Important weekend for Edwards and Forward
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Important weekend for Edwards and Forward
[Image: colinedwardsusagp1.jpg]

The NGM Forward Racing team arrive in Texas for round two of the 2014 MotoGP™ World Championship full of expectation after good results in Qatar and with their local rider Colin Edwards excited about his home round.

Edwards’ teammate Aleix Espargaro delivered on the promise of some good preseason testing results with a strong fourth place in the opening race of the year at Losail and Edwards finished in the top ten in the desert, so the team head to the Circuit of the Americas in an optimistic mood.

Indeed, the Forward Racing ‘family’ arrived in Texas a few days early for this special weekend, dropping in to stay at Edwards’ now legendary Texas Tornado Boot Camp in Montgomery, with Espargaro and Forward’s Moto2™ riders Simone Corsi and Mattia Pasini also enjoying the visit.

“I look forward to my home GP,” Edwards states. “Lots of friends and family are coming to see the race and it will be great to ride in front of the American fans. It won’t be an easy race as the track is very demanding. The circuit is one of the most varied and technical on the GP circuit, with a mix of fast straights and slow corners to do in first gear with tough braking.”

His colleague Espargaro adds,

“I really look forward to the second round of the season. In Qatar we had the pace to fight for the podium, but I paid the price for the two mistakes on Saturday. So we will just have to try and go for it again in Austin. We know that the Texas GP will be a tough race for us as there is a very long back straight and we suffer in that area, but I’m confident that we can continue improving and get some good results.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
10-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Website Find Reply