Hutchinson heads to Brands Hatch determined for Easter opener
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchinson heads to Brands Hatch determined for Easter opener
[Image: hutchyprebrands.jpg]

The FFX Yamaha team are set for their MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship debut as the season gets underway at Brands Hatch in Kent this Easter (18-21 April) with TT legend Ian Hutchinson set for his British racing return.

Hutchinson launches his first full season campaign in the Superbike class as he bids to add success at British Championship level to his record-breaking road racing achievements, including winning five Isle of Man TT races in a week. Hutchinson's return to racing this weekend marks an incredible comeback from injury, overcoming a badly broken tibia and fibula which required 30 operations.

The team are aiming to get their season off to a flying start at the Kent circuit which is the home round for Folkstone-based FFX, one of the UK's largest independent suppliers of high quality tools, fixings and building supplies.

Hutchinson said:

"I am looking forward to getting the Brands Hatch weekend started. At Snetterton we had a breakthrough with direction with the FFX Yamaha and prior to that I had three years of not racing but after the extra day we had testing at the last test and I have been feeling more comfortable and confident on the Superbike.

"The build up to my racing return has been how I expected it to be really, when it comes to the races and being up at the sharp end then I am sure it will be a lot harder, but I know I have it in me to be successful so I just have to keep learning and taking steps forward.

"I love riding the Superbike and at Brands Hatch I am going to work away, get in amongst the other riders and learn their ways. Now we have had the pre-season tests I am not apprehensive about getting back out and I am really looking forward to getting back into the races again. The Indy circuit is such a fast lap that you can quickly go from a disastrous to a brilliant lap so we know we need to be consistent throughout the weekend and get on with the job ahead of us."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
15-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Website Find Reply