Walker ‘in the best position for years’ ahead of Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Walker ‘in the best position for years’ ahead of Brands Hatch
[Image: chriswalkerprebrands.jpg]

Chris Walker is ready to live up to his 'old but gold' slogan as the MCE British Superbike Championship rolls into Brands Hatch for the opening round of the season this weekend (18-21 April) at the Lloyds British GBmoto Racing Kawasaki team's home round.

Walker has celebrated success throughout his career with Kawasaki and after moving to Mark Smith-Halvorsen's team during the winter. 'Stalker' admits he has never been in a better position to come out fighting at the opening round of the season after performing strongly in pre-season tests.

Walker said:

"This is what all the training and testing has been about and I can't wait to finally get going! The Brands Hatch Indy circuit is a bit of a strange track, because of the length we end up doing a lot of laps over the four days so it's definitely a bit of an intense weekend. With over thirty riders on the grid, it's going to be even more important to get a good qualifying position.

"I'm coming into the opening round in the best position I've been in for years, I've got more testing under my belt than the last few years combined and I'm feeling real comfortable on the bike. That said, we've got to remember it is a new bike to the team and we still have plenty of work to do, so if we can walk away with a pair of strong finishes we'll be able to keep chipping away to the leaders and hopefully be in the Showdown come Assen!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
15-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Website Find Reply