HAT-TRICK FOR MARTIN AT SPRING CUP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HAT-TRICK FOR MARTIN AT SPRING CUP
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Ian Watson Spring Cup – Scarborough

Guy Martin opened his 2014 account for Tyco Suzuki with a faultless hat-trick of victories during Sunday’s Ian Watson Spring Cup at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough.

The popular Lincolnshire man headed all qualifying sessions, before going on to set fastest laps en-route to all three wins aboard GSX-R machinery at the 2.4-mile parkland circuit. It was the fourth time in his career that Martin has lifted the Ian Watson Spring Cup with all victories coming on GSX-R machinery [2004, 2005, 2013 & 2014].

After taking the Spring Cup victory by some four seconds, Martin said:

“Scarborough is a favourite of mine and a mint place to get the season underway. Mark and the boys did a great job as always and the Tyco Suzukis were bang on it on Metzeler tyres. It’s nice to start the season with some wins and show where we are in term of performance. It’s just a matter of a few small tweaks prior to the North West and we’ll be right, as my tests in Spain and France went very well. I still have B’ol d’Or to come before the North West and TT.”

[Image: guymartinspringcup2014.jpg]

Team Manager Philip Neill added:

“Guy always come out of the blocks strongly at Scarborough, but his lap times suggest we’ve done a more than decent job with our preparation on the Tyco Suzuki GSX-R machinery for this season. He misses Cookstown but will get plenty of mileage at the B’ol d’Or in preparation for the North West and TT.”

Ian Watson Spring Cup – 8 laps
Winner – Guy Martin [Tyco Suzuki] 14:26.356; 2nd – Ivan Lintin [Honda] +3.937sec; 3rd – Dean Harrison [Kawasaki] +4.693sec
Fastest Lap – Guy Martin [Tyco Suzuki] 82.176mph

Junior Race [Supersport] – 8 laps
Winner – Guy Martin [Tyco Suzuki] 14:36.500; 2nd – Dean Harrison [Yamaha] +5.222; 3rd – James Cowton [Honda] +11.176sec
Fastest Lap – Guy Martin [Tyco Suzuki] 81.512mph

Senior Race – 8 laps
Winner – Guy Martin [Tyco Suzuki] 14:21.627; 2nd – Dean Harrison [Kawasaki] +4.189sec; 3rd – Lee Johnston [Honda] +10.666sec
Fastest Lap – Guy Martin [Tyco Suzuki] 82.624mph

17-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Website Find Reply