Irwin claims first Motorpoint British Supersport pole position
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Irwin claims first Motorpoint British Supersport pole position
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo2014.jpg]

Gearlink Kawasaki's Glenn Irwin claimed his first pole position in the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship by setting the pace at Brands Hatch this afternoon despite a crash in the wet conditions.

Irwin said:

"I had a really great feeing on the bike and was able to respond and on my fastest lap I was actually blocked. I said I would go out again, but once out there I didn't seem to have as much grip and I got caught out on a slow lap which caused the crash. I have the pole position, but now I need a strong result to repay the faith the team has in me."

[Image: glenirwinbrands1.jpg]

Graeme Gowland had been setting the pace in the session but he was another rider to slide out of contention as the Smiths Triumph rider had just set the fastest lap moments before so had to settle for second, as Irwin edged 0.003s faster.

Luke Stapleford, fastest throughout the previous two dry days of practice, was also caught out by the conditions and completes the front row on the Profile Triumph. Luke Jones aboard the Acumen Industrial Services Triumph heads up the second row ahead of Gearlink's Luke Hedger, another rider who tipped off.

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Brands Hatch, qualifying

1. Glenn Irwin (Gearlink Kawasaki) 54.482s
2. Graeme Gowland (Smiths Racing Triumph) +0.003s
3. Luke Stapleford (Profile Racing Triumph) +0.068s
4. Luke Jones (Acumen Industrial Services Triumph) +0.501s
5. Luke Hedger (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.515

20-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Website Find Reply