HOPKINS SPLASHES HIS WAY TO THE FRONT ROW ON TYCO SUZUKI DEBUT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HOPKINS SPLASHES HIS WAY TO THE FRONT ROW ON TYCO SUZUKI DEBUT
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Former Suzuki GP star John Hopkins will start from the front row of the grid in tomorrow’s opening British Superbike race of the 2014 season. The American posted the third fastest time in the third and final qualifying session with new team Tyco Suzuki in treacherous conditions.

His Australian team-mate Josh Waters – also making his Tyco Suzuki debut – will open his account with the Northern Ireland team from row five in fourteenth place, right beside Shane Byrne who finished last season in second place.

[Image: tycoridersbrands.jpg]

John Hopkins:

“There was lot of standing water out there today. I hadn’t ridden in the rain for a long, long time. The Tyco Suzuki was working perfectly in the conditions, just like it did at the end of last season when the team won three races. The boys did a great job today with set-up for me. My aim is to take it step by step, but we had a little crash at the end there, although we are looking all right for tomorrow. I just want to be in the top five and battling with those guys to start the season off, but overall I’m very happy so far.”

More to come from Josh Waters and team manager Philip Neill…

20-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Website Find Reply