Easter Meetings 2014 – Jamie’s View
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Easter Meetings 2014 – Jamie’s View
[Image: wilsoncraighdr.jpg]

The Easter meetings gave me my first run on the Wilson Craig Hondas, for me it was a great start to riding for my new team. Going into the weekend I wasn’t sure just how things would go but just wanted to bed in slowly and make sure all my team were happy and learn a bit more about Wilson and how he likes things to be completed.

I had a very steady start on both bikes at Bishopscourt qualifying 10th on the Superbike, finishing 8th and 6th in both races. I just couldn’t believe how great the Superbike felt from the word go, it handled so well and the power of it was like nothing I’ve ever ridden before. I found the Supersport machine a bit more difficult qualifying in 18th, finishing in the top 12th in both races. I was still pleased with the bike and my performance considering it’s a brand new machine and get some mileage under its belt.

[Image: jamiehamiltonateaster.jpg]

At Kirkistown I continued to improve on the Superbike and qualified 6th, having two very solid 4th position finishes. I feel that we could have pushed on for 3rd in both races however I didn’t want to take any risks as this was all good preparation for the road racing season. I lapped at 56.0 which is 1.3 seconds a lap faster than I’ve ever lapped around there which proves just how much I was enjoying my time and the new machinery, I can honestly say I think it’s the best motorbike I’ve ever ridden. We still have some improvements to make to the Supersport but I am highly confident it’s only a few tweaks and we’ll be on the money when the time comes.

I would like to send out a big thanks to Wilson Craig for great machinery, my team of mechanics and my sponsors for making it all happen.

Jamie Hamilton

23-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Website Find Reply