Martin Jessop - Ready to Push To The Front At Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Martin Jessop - Ready to Push To The Front At Oulton Park
[Image: jessoplogo.jpg]

Martin Jessopp and the RidersMotorcycles BMW team are feeling confident of further progress at the second round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park next weekend (3/4/5 May) after missing out on the top ten at Brands Hatch.

Jessopp and the team had taken advantage of some new parts during testing and carried the momentum into the opening round, running in the top ten during free practice. Jessopp admits that the wet conditions proved more difficult with set-up but was back in the hunt during the races. The team moved up through the pack and were closing on the top ten in both races before ending 13th and 12th in the two races. Jessopp and the team are now setting their sights on moving forward again at Oulton Park in just over a week’s time.

[Image: martinjessopbrands.jpg]
Martin at Brands Hatch

Jessopp said:

“It was a good start for us really and showed the improvements we have made since last season. We did find it tough in the wet to be faster, but that was the first wet session of the year so we can move on from there. In the dry though we had good pace and were in the top ten so it showed what we are capable of. In the races I was disappointed as I was expecting more; over the opening laps I wasn’t aggressive enough at the start and then I made up the places. Overall if you had offered me those results and the pace we showed before the weekend I would have chopped your arm off. The Indy circuit is a bit of a teaser but I think the whole team are ready for Oulton Park as that’s a circuit you can really attack.”

25-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Website Find Reply