COSTELLO KICKS OFF 2014 SEASON AT COOKSTOWN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
COSTELLO KICKS OFF 2014 SEASON AT COOKSTOWN
[Image: mariacostelloracinghdr2013.jpg]

Queen of Bikers, Maria Costello MBE, will kick start her 2014 road racing campaign tomorrow at the Cookstown 100 road races in Northern Ireland.

Costello will debut the latest race machine to join her stable, a Hol-Taj Suzuki GSXR600, provided by Team Classic Suzuki, in the Supersport races and her ESM/Hol-Taj backed Kawasaki ER6, prepared by IDP Moto Ltd in the Supertwin class.

Costello commented:

“I can’t thank Steve Wheatman at Hol-Taj enough. I’ll be able to run the bike myself, giving greater opportunity to get the bike perfectly set up for me. I’ll be going all out to repay Hol-Taj and all my sponsors by improving on all my PB’s from last year.”

The season opener comes after a busy spring schedule for the Northamptonshire based racer who has kept her hand in racing by competing on three bikes at the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed in Australia, coaching at the FIM Women in Motorcycling road racing training camp in Spain and by hosting her first of 2014 women only track days at Silverstone.

Costello continues:

“It’s already been a busy year for me but I’m hoping the extra track time will be the perfect warm up for this meeting, an event close to my heart as I’ve had some podium finishes here and my Grandmother came from Cookstown.”

Special thanks are extended to IDP Moto Ltd, Richard Freeman, Callum Pettis and Kyra Fields & family.

[Image: mariacostellofaceshot.jpg]

Practice and qualifying for the Cookstown 100 commences on Friday 25th April, with a full day of racing on Saturday 26th April.
Visit the events website here: www.cookstown100.com

For all of the latest news on Maria and her events, please visit her website at www.costelloracing.com

The European Shoe Machinery Company Ltd, Hol-Taj, HEL Brake lines, Draper Tools, Rock Oil, Kawasaki UK Ltd, Arai, Pirelli, NGK, Wilbers/Vmtek Suspension, Radicool, Jap4Performance, EBC, Dymag, GBRacing, Premier Bodyworks, Knox, HEL, iDP Moto Ltd, Racebikebitz/Samco hoses, Daytona boots, Pipercross, B&C Express, APC Wet Paint Ltd, Print Monkey, Christian Baker, Dallington Fitness leisure & Wellbeing Club, Trilogy Gyms, DnG, Sparkes Management Support, JP-PT Personal Trainer, Bespoke Injury Management, Scott Physio, Premier Therapy, Stomp, Spider Grips, Mugs 4 U, Steve Snape Helmet Design, Promach, The Joseph’s Experience, SKINS.

25-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply