Walker: “Not short of confidence or bravery” as Oulton Park beckons
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Walker: “Not short of confidence or bravery” as Oulton Park beckons
[Image: chriswalkeroulton1.jpg]

Chris Walker is feeling positive about his return to Oulton Park next weekend for the second round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as the Lloyds British GBmoto Racing Kawasaki rider hunts for more podium finishes.

Walker returned to the podium at Brands Hatch with a second place in the opening race but following some dry track time at Oulton Park this morning, the 'Stalker' is hoping that the team can carry their momentum this weekend.

Walker said:

"It is a bit busier to do a lap at Oulton Park than it is on the Indy circuit as there are more challenges with the nature of the circuit here. I didn't instantly click this morning when we first went out for the session, but the second one we were back on the case and we are looking forward to the races here.

"I had a good round here at the start of last year but this is a track I really enjoy and it is one of the best circuits in the country. We will work hard on the setting and we desperately want to be up there at the front in the races. We have been to different tracks and have found good settings at all of them so although we know Oulton Park is a challenge we are happy that we can work hard as a team ready for the races. As long as we are there fighting for the podiums we can chip away - it is about being in the Showdown.

Walker and team-mate James Ellison had a stunning start to the season claiming three podium finishes from the opening two races and 'Stalker' admits he was surprised with the results of the opening event and is now fired up to continue that form at Oulton Park.

"We didn't think about podiums at the first round to be honest as it was a new manufacturer, new riders, new crew and we weren't expecting to be fighting at that level at round one with a whole new set up," added Walker. "A topsy-turvey quail session helped us last weekend, so I am under no illusion that it will be more difficult at Oulton Park next weekend.

"It was nice to be in the fight at Brands Hatch; I wasn't short of confidence or bravery despite being one of the older guard. It was nice to know that after 30 laps I could still mix it with them; testing isn't like racing so it was great to see we could be up there over race distance. To get to dice with Josh (Brookes) was exciting and to pass Shakey back up the inside, although it wasn't for too long, was a nice feeling too! It has been a confidence inspiring start to the season for myself and the team but I do know the hard work is still to come."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
26-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Website Find Reply