4th at Assen for Kev
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
4th at Assen for Kev
[Image: kevcoghlanlogo.jpg]

In a hard race at a circuit the Yamaha R6 rider has always said is a difficult one for him, Kev managed to tough it out to take 4th.

After a heavy crash in Saturday practice, and another off in Sunday warm up, it was a somewhat bruised and battered Coghlan who lined up in 6th. A slow start left him even further back in 9th with it all to do, so it is testament to the resilience of the Scotsman that he managed to fight back to claim 4th place, making some tough but fair moves on the way, including high speed passes on Kennedy and Zanetti.

[Image: kevcoghlanassen.jpg]

Afterwards the man from Murthly was upbeat about the outcome.

"Not too bad a race today. I got a terrible start and had to work hard in the beginning to get closer to the front. With a few laps to go I had some problems going into the turns, something strange with the clutch, but after one lap it was ok, just I lost a lot of time. Finally on the last lap I could get back past Zanetti for fourth place. I was a bit disappointed, I was expecting to be a little stronger in the race but finally with other things happening we ended up fourth and some more good points for the championship. This was a track that I expected to struggle on so all in all not bad!"

A tough race then, but with one eye on the championship, the DMC Panavto Yamaha rider pushed hard but stayed focused and comes away from Assen with more valuable points and 3rd place in the championship.

28-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Website Find Reply