Brookes: "Oulton Park can’t come soon enough"
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes: "Oulton Park can’t come soon enough"
[Image: joshbrookespodiumbrands.jpg]

Josh Brookes won for the first time at Oulton Park last season and as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship returns to Cheshire this Bank Holiday weekend (3/4/5) the Australian is gunning for his debut victory with the Milwaukee Yamaha team.

Brookes celebrated the first pole position of the season despite three crashes during qualifying at Brands Hatch and with a single podium finish is determined to up the ante this weekend at a track which has traditionally been a happy hunting ground for the team.

Brookes said:

"Brands Hatch was good for us apart from the obvious crashes, but now we are ready for Oulton Park. I have seen from previous years how strong the Yamaha is around that track, especially from the years racing against Tommy Hill - it is set in stone in my memory. I want to be able to emulate that pace and speed this weekend and that is the aim. Normally a few crashes on the same weekend would hinder your confidence, but it hasn't knocked it at all so I am looking forward to getting to Oulton Park because these races can't come soon enough."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
01-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Website Find Reply