MILWAUKEE YAMAHA SET THE PACE IN OULTON PARK FREE PRACTICE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA SET THE PACE IN OULTON PARK FREE PRACTICE
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team started the second round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship strongly today as Josh Brookes set the pace at the end of the opening two free practice sessions whilst Tommy Bridewell finished ninth.

The opening session saw Brookes end sixth fastest whilst Bridewell was only able to complete four laps before his opening free practice was ended early with a technical problem. The team worked hard between the sessions and this afternoon Brookes stormed to the top of the timesheets, whilst Bridewell overcame missing out on track time this morning to post the ninth fastest time ready for tomorrow’s race one grid deciding qualifying session.

Brookes said:

“The first session I found it really difficult to get into a smooth rhythm. I followed James (Ellison) as I knew he had been here last week so I thought that would be a good reference, but he kind of slowly crept away from me. I didn’t feel comfortable and actually felt quite cold and a bit stiff on the bike where perhaps I hadn’t warmed up properly which was my fault. Also with the settings we didn’t change anything from Brands Hatch in the first session because I like to start the weekend as I left the previous track as that is just my method of working through everything. Those settings just didn’t suit here so we made a few little changes during the session and improved, but then most of the changes were made between the morning session and this afternoon. We made a big step straight away and then steadily chipped away with some more little changes and I got more confident and more relaxed with the bike and the lap times just improved, so I am happy to top that final session today.”

Bridewell said:

“Today was ok, we had a problem this morning so we missed the whole of the first session which was a shame. I didn’t feel that good on the bike, where it was my first laps this afternoon compared to everyone else who is in reality a session ahead, but ninth isn’t bad for that reason so I am happy with that. I look at it as I ended P9 and a session down so I am alright with that. We have been working at the opposite end of the scale in terms of settings compared to Josh but tomorrow we are going to soften the bike off and get that time back ready for qualifying.”

03-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Website Find Reply