MILWAUKEE YAMAHA CLAIM FRONT ROW START AT OULTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA CLAIM FRONT ROW START AT OULTON PARK
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team will start from the front row for tomorrow’s second round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship with Josh Brookes narrowly missing out on the pole position in second place and Tommy Bridewell starting on row two.

Brookes had been pushing for the top of the times throughout the final free practice session and was determined for another strong qualifying performance. The Australian set his best lap of the weekend to claim second on the grid, narrowly edged out by Shane Byrne for the pole position. Tommy Bridewell proved he is ready to come out fighting for the races tomorrow after securing a second row start in sixth as he made big steps forward ahead of the next two races of the Championship. He set his best lap of the Cheshire circuit as he bids for his first podium finish of the season tomorrow.

Brookes said:

“I had to accept second today but I tried really hard to try and get it back at the end. I did a whole heap of laps in the 1m:34s and so I suppose I am a little bit disappointed not to have pole, but at the same time I am happy to be on the front row. We have been consistent with our times and our race set up is heavily in our favour for tomorrow’s races, but all credit to Shakey. Tomorrow is more important to me so we will see what we can do then.”

Bridewell said:

“Over the past two days we have made a huge amount of changes, perhaps more than we did at any point before, but we took a massive step forward in the right direction today. We are happy and feeling more confident now as we have made big progress. We lost one session yesterday but have some back today and I feel we are back on a level playing field now. The time I set in Q3 was my fastest ever lap here and I don’t see a reason why we can’t be in the fight with the leaders tomorrow.”

04-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Website Find Reply