Farmer struggles at Oulton Park and Johnson gains his first silverware
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Farmer struggles at Oulton Park and Johnson gains his first silverware
[Image: prracinghdr.jpg]

Mixed emotions at the team’s home circuit of Oulton Park in Cheshire, as BSB rider Keith Farmer suffered a high-side crash in each race, whilst Superstock rider, David Johnson secured a P3 finish to go forth overall in the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship.

After just missing out on the Q3 qualifying in Sunday’s session, Keith started the Bank Holiday Monday’s racing from the 4th row on the grid in P11. Being caught up in the chaos at the start of Race 1, Farmer lost out several places dropping to P13. The Irishman then pushed hard through the pack to fight his way to P10. In lap 9 he posted his fastest time between the speed traps, but shortly afterwards ran wide at Druids hitting the gravel, which sent his ZX-10R cartwheeling through the air, ripping the headstock off the bike, abruptly ending his push for a top 10 finish.

Posting a best lap time of 1:37.221 from Race 1, Keith started the second BSB race from P14 and a 5th row start. Again another good start saw Keith making his way through the middle order of the pack, reaching P10 in the first half of the race. Farmer was once again caught up in an incident during lap 8, as two front riders out braked themselves forcing Farmer to over shoot at Hislops, where he lost valuable time, dropping back down the order to P19.

One lap later, Farmer was to find himself in the gravel for a second time in one afternoon, this time at Island Bend, when his rear wheel locked up after finding false neutral, crashing the PR rider out at over 140 mph.

Keith Framer said.

“Another disappointing weekend not to end up in the points, as we have worked so hard. I am a little bruised, but we have 6 weeks before we are back out on the track. I am hoping our luck will change when we get to Snetterton."

[Image: davejohnsonoultonpodium.jpg]

Dave Johnson.

“This weekend has been awesome, we had a great set up and the guys have been putting in a tremendous effort in the last few weeks leading up to this round. I had a few issues with the brakes towards the end of the race, but this is a small problem we can easily resolve. I am now going to focus on the roads before Snetterton, but I cannot wait for the next Superstock round, where once again, I hope to be pushing at the front.”

On the ups and downs from the weekend, John Jameson commented.

“Hard weekend, with lots of positives. Unfortunately, two incidents with Keith did not show how much progress we are making. It was a real credit to all of the guys in the team who rebuilt the bike and had it ready for Race 2. Credit must also go to Keith for jumping on the bike and riding as positively as he did.”

On Davo’s 3rd place in the Superstock race John said. “What a great way to finish just before the TT. His attitude and confidence has been a real boost to his garage crew, he has been leading up to this from the start of the season, so I think a top spot on the podium is not too far away.”

06-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Website Find Reply