Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
So as a business model it could take on a number of possible formats but the expectation would be that the IOMG and/or other stakeholders would sell the rights to run the series to a company like dorna and they in turn would contract a number of top teams for a number of rounds in various locations for which they would look it sell TV rights globally?

Essentially analogous to WBS or MotoGP but probably a shorter series.

The value proposition from the study being that when these (real road) races are put into a cohesive series then they attract a great amount of media attention and hence increase in net worth (to sponsors and event owners/promoters alike) by the increased exposure and fan base?  Not rocket surgery.

Personally if they could rekindle something akin to the old F1 World Championship I'd be thrilled (notwithstanding many of the original circuits are no longer available).  

I'd also like to think that if it was properly promoted guys like John McGuiness would get the (financial) recognition that they deserve.

The TV coverage of the international road races this year was excellent and I can't help thinking it would be very successful if it got the right exposure.

Just out of interest anyone know what the average spend (addition to the Manx economy) per TT visitor is?

Cheers,

Sam
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 01:15 AM by Sam Pato.)
08-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister - by Sam Pato - 08-12-2014, 12:34 AM