Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
Dougboy
Unregistered

RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
(11-12-2014, 03:56 PM)sticky Wrote: Doug, I think that perhaps the TT 'brand' is not so strong.  Certainly it is with those of us that love the sport but like you say, we're a sub-culture within a minority, so to the rest of the World would it resonate at all?

And to Sam - I can't imagine the Ulster ever being part of this World Series.  For a start they'd have to pay a significant amount of cash to the DED for the priviledge of being under the TT brand and I doubt that a) they'd be able to raise the money and b) why would they want to?

The UGP has a great entry and good TV coverage already.  What benefit could they expect to receive?  I any case, the DED's plan is to form ties with countries who can be of economic benefit to the IOM - countries that may not be that aware of the Island.  Northern Ireland doesn't really fit that spec.
That's my point Sticky. The DED may think that the TT Brand is strong enough to exploit commercially (beyond 2 weeks and a long weekend in the IoM), but frankly they need to take several very large steps backwards and try to develop a realistic sense of perspective.
11-12-2014, 04:25 PM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister - by Dougboy - 11-12-2014, 04:25 PM