Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
I think where I may be off track is that my assumption had always been that this initiative was about promoting the TT 'brand' and raising brand awareness rather than specifically selling the rights to use the TT logo / cudos to promote other events (which seems a bit unrealistic to be honest).  

I'd also assumed that whole point was that a championship of sorts would be worthwhile because in general terms the overall event becomes greater than the sum of its parts and hence adds to the value of those parts.  So for instance if the championship was at stake then more people might be attracted to the final round (.....at the UGP perhaps?.....) to watch / tune in.

WRT how niche the TT is - my experience on my travels has been that whenever I speak to bike enthusiasts they always are aware of the TT and treat it with a great deal of reverence.  Almost all of them say that making a trip to the IOM is something they'd love to do one day but the impression I always get is that they feel like its beyond easy logistics.  Notwithstanding the observation that its already at visitor saturation point - I agree with the previous posts that the IOMG have to have a good look at what they can do to further the event.  Its going to be interesting to see what they come back with.

I may be ridiculously biased but the TT and the UGP are both fantastic events with global Motorsports significance and I'm sure they'll continue to do well without changes.  But it would be great to see them get some real recognition for what they offer and see them really prosper (to the extent that at least every entrant got their costs paid). 

If only we were back at iomtt.com - then Trevor Hussey would come on an give us an update Icon_lol

Phil Wain usually has the inside running - has he made it across yet??

Cheers

Sam
12-12-2014, 02:50 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister - by Sam Pato - 12-12-2014, 02:50 AM