Winning streak for Team Tasker - East Fortune
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Winning streak for Team Tasker - East Fortune
[Image: teamtasker.jpg]

Team Tasker consisting of Andrew and Sammi Tasker took part in the North East Motorcycle Racing club championship at the weekend at East Fortune Race Circuit.

From the start of the weekend the team were set to delight the fans with some amazing results. ON Saturday Andrew took his Kawaski ZX10 on to the track for qualifying in the Open Class and was ecstatic with the final result putting the bike on pole for the fourth coming races.

The changeable weather over the weekend was going to make it interesting for not only Andrew and Sammi but all the riders. Having to race in very wet, intermediate and dry conditions you just never knew what was going to happen.

During the weekend Andrew had what can only be described as an unbelievable set of races. Taking five 1st place finishes out of five races. During one of his races he gained an eight second lead over the following pack with his fastest lap time over the weekend being 1:00.154. Andrew’s reaction following the weekend was “It was an excellent weekend on the ZX10, 5 wins from 5 starts leading every lap! Tried loads of different things mainly with myself and learned a lot. The bike was absolutely flying, made my job a lot easier with the work done by YPE Power. I was so proud of Sammi during the weekend. She was on it in every race and had some amazing results.”

Sammi showed exactly what power she had on her pink Suzuki. Ending the weekend with top five finishes in three out of her four races and a top 10 place finish in the other. Listening to spectators watching Sammi race they were all cheering her on from the track side. She achieved her fastest lap time of the weekend of 1:02.614 during her final race on Sunday. Speaking to Sammi after the races she said “I couldn’t stop smiling every time I crossed the line. It has been a brilliant weekend of racing and I really happy with my results (there’s that smile again). I am now looking forward to the next round at Knockhill and hoping to get some great results there as well.

We have to thank all of our sponsors Blackbird Corporate Ltd, Motorcycle Law Scotland, Wheels Around and YPE for their continued support and also the marshalls that give their time at the track to make sure all the riders are safe. Without them we wouldn’t be racing.”

You can see Team Tasker back on track at Knockhill Race Circuit on 21/22 June for the next round of the Scottish Motorcycle Racing Championship.

28-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Website Find Reply