Lorenzo aiming for ‘at least’ a podium result
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lorenzo aiming for ‘at least’ a podium result
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Following his return to the podium least time out at Mugello, Jorge Lorenzo aims to be on the rostrum once more at Barcelona-Catalunya, one of his favourite venues on the MotoGP™ calendar.

Lorenzo has finished either first or second in each of the last five years at the Mediterranean track, including wins in 2010, 2012 and 2013. He missed racing in Catalunya in 2008 after crashing in the second free practice session and suffering concussion and therefore only two riders have finished in front of Lorenzo at the circuit during his years in the MotoGP class, Valentino Rossi in their famous 2009 battle and Casey Stoner in 2011.

Last year Lorenzo qualified in third place on the Catalunya grid, took the lead going into the first corner and led through to the finish. He would dearly love to repeat that performance but he knows the challenge will be tough this weekend.

[Image: lorenzoprecatalunya1.jpg]

“In Mugello I tried my best, I felt stronger and I think we did a really good job,” he commented. “We were really close to the victory and my physical condition improved a lot compared to the last races. The bike also worked well and I guess if we can do a step ahead either with the bike or my physical condition we will fight again for the victory.”

“Now we are heading to Montmelo, one of my favourite tracks like Mugello and I would like at least to be on the podium. Last year we could find a good pace for the race and I remember we won in front of the two main rivals, achieving a great win. Hopefully this season we can fight once again; that would be so special considering Montmelo is like my home race.”

12-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Website Find Reply