MILWAUKEE YAMAHA BUILDING ON RETURN TO SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA BUILDING ON RETURN TO SNETTERTON
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team returned to action at Snetterton today for the third round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship with Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell ending the opening day in fourth and eighth respectively.

Brookes made his return to the track and was quickly on the pace, setting the second fastest time in the morning session before rounding out the afternoon in fourth after making further changes to the setting ahead of qualifying tomorrow. Bridewell made positive steps forward throughout the day, moving from tenth up to eighth in the afternoon and feeling stronger for tomorrow’s sessions.

Brookes said:

“I am really happy with the transition back to the track as in the first session we were second and so that was fine to start with and then we cracked on making changes. We had a problem with the front tyre we were working on so we made some changes for the second run to relieve the pressure on the front tyre and that seemed to work really well, but then we had a few concerns about the back end of the bike is working. We now just need to piece it together as we have improved the lap time it’s just we are in the middle period where we need to get the front feeling and then get the rear to work as it did before, then we will be further up the order again. I am not concerned though, it is just part of racing and we will be ready tomorrow.”

Bridewell said:

“It’s been a very productive day and a strong Friday. I’m not a Friday person usually but I felt really comfortable on the bike like I did in Spain. In the five and a half weeks since the previous round I have re-focussed, re-trained and am refreshed coming back stronger. I feel really happy on the bike doing the times within my comfort zone. Now I am looking to push on in qualifying, we have some improvements to make but after so long off the bike, it is nice to be back.”

13-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Website Find Reply