Leader McConnell claims Motorpoint British Supersport pole
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Leader McConnell claims Motorpoint British Supersport pole
[Image: mcconnellsnetterton1.jpg]

Billy McConnell overcame a late challenge from his Smiths Triumph team-mate Graeme Gowland to secure the pole start for this afternoon's Motorpoint British Supersport Championship Sprint race at Snetterton.

The Aussie, who holds a 13 points lead over Glenn Irwin going into the race, had set the pace for much of the session but Gowland pushed ahead with five minutes remaining. McConnell then hit back in the closing stages to go back on top of the leaderboard with a time of 1m 50.938s.

Gowland was barely a third of second down on him while Alastair Seeley put in a last lap flyer to secure the final front row start for his Mar-Train Yamaha, though a further half a second back. The former champion late burst of speed eased local favourite Luke Mossey aboard the Techcare Profile Triumph back onto the second row.

Luke Jones, aiming to use this race to play catch-up in the title stakes, was fifth fastest on the Acumen Industrial Service Triumph while Glenn Irwin faces an uphill struggle having tipped off his Gearlink Kawasaki late on in the session and now he starts from the third row.

Series leader Alex Olsen was the fastest of the Evo riders, to be a fifth row starter, while his nearest rival in the standings Sam Coventry crashed out at Oggies.

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Snetterton, qualifying:

1. Billy McConnell (Smiths Triumph) 1m 50.938s
2. Graeme Gowland (Smiths Triumph) +0.330s
3. Alastair Seeley (Mar-Train Yamaha) + 0.841s
4. Luke Mossey (Techcare Profile Triumph) +0.938s
5. Luke Jones (Acumen Industrial Services Triumph) +1.127s

[Image: bsbsupersportlogo2013.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Website Find Reply