CHRIS KINLEY--Nice One
Anonymous
Unregistered

CHRIS KINLEY--Nice One
Can I be one of the many who found the commentaries made by new boy in the pit lane, Chris Kinley, excellent and informative...

He is a great "find" and while at first it was hard to accept his apparent flippancy, he has grown in "stature" as the TT progressed..

Mr Ferguson, you have found a person who is enthusiastic & knowledgable-----If he didn't know it, he didn't b******t and found the answers..

Well Done Chris; I for one, will be looking forward to your involvement in TT2004
06-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: CHRIS KINLEY--Nice One
Have to agree with you there Ian, I thought he did really well.

I was watching him when he was down at the Pre TT Classic in Castletown and he really was jumping around all over the palce, chatting to everyone he could get a hold of.

His knowledge of the sport will no doubt increase with further involvement and increased experience.
06-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Couldn't agree more. He seems very relaxed and has an easy way with him that means everyone is happy to talk to him. More of him, please.
06-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I fully agree. He took the time to check with the riders if they wanted to chat at a pit, and also made sure he was well out of the way if they were changing wheels etc.
06-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have to agree, and it's not just because he "interviewed" me in the holding area at Billown before Saturday practice!!

He'd done his homework, and knew all about the late and much-missed Hans-Otto Butenuth, without whom I'd still be a retired never-was!!
07-06-2003, 12:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can tell you that for people who are thousands of miles away Chris and Radio TT is the next best thing to being there. It must be the worlds worst job trying to talk to riders just before the start and keeping out of everyones way. A big thank you for Oz.
Perhaps I shouldn't say this but I think we could do with a little less hysteria from the Hairpin, but well done anyway.
Sorry I missed your interview Larry, I would have stapled my eyelids to my forehead to stay awake for that one if I had known!!
07-06-2003, 01:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would also like to congratulate Chris on an excellent job. And not an easy job to do.Trying to say the right things at the right times for long periods with many,many thousands of people all over the world listening in is a major challenge. Especially in a sport like ours which is a roller-coaster of every possible type of emotion.

Plus,of course, great to see Manxies taking charge. We don't need to bring people over to do such jobs. Best of luck for the future Chris. See you at the Southern!
07-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Loved the discussion about his Manx background in your van last week, Barry....reminded me of my own far northern beginnings..."och, you must remember her Mam, she used to work in Budge's...no, not that one....the tall one with the red hair...yes, her, she married Tam's cousin...no, not that cousin....etc,etc,etc."
07-06-2003, 07:40 PM