DOUBLE PODIUM FINISH AT SNETTERTON FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DOUBLE PODIUM FINISH AT SNETTERTON FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team celebrated a double podium finish at the third round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Snetterton today with Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell scoring a second and third place respectively in Norfolk.

In the opening race of the day Brookes was pushing to close on Shane Byrne on the final lap, with the gap narrowing by some strong lap times from the Milwaukee Yamaha rider. However a mistake put Brookes onto the grass and he was able to rejoin and still claim second place. For Bridewell he pushed hard throughout the weekend and started his day solidly with a fourth place to build on for race two.

The second race again saw Brookes piling on the pressure at the front of the field before a huge high-side on the exit of Montreal left him winded and out of contention. This left Bridewell to fly the flag for the Milwaukee Yamaha team, which he did in style by pushing for second place over the final laps, before ending third to secure his first podium finish of the season.

Brookes said:

“It has been a mixed day. I feel like I lost my first race when James came passed me; we had the safety car and once we started the race again Shane got the gap. I then had to get by James and I then pulled a gap but I just didn’t have enough to close and pass for the win. I pushed as hard as I could throughout the race and I made a mistake on the last lap, so I was lucky to hold on to second.

“The crash in race two had me winded for a while but I am ok. I just tried to close the gap to Shakey on the exit of the corner and I just gave it too much gas; unfortunately giving it more throttle wasn’t the answer. I was riding so hard for the results and we will just have to keep trying to see if we can get the better of them next time out.”

Bridewell said:

“We have been making steps forward all weekend and I feel that we have been getting closer here. It’s great to be back on the podium as the start of the season hadn’t really completely gone to plan at the first tracks we have been to. We have worked hard to get comfortable with the bike and this weekend I have risked it a bit to get the results and it paid off in race two. Shakey and James (Ellison) had the legs on me in the second race at the end, but it was nice to pressure Josh and I feel that we have made some headway.”

Team owner Shaun Muir concluded:

“I am obviously happy that we have had two podium finishes for the Milwaukee Yamaha team and for Tommy who has really grown over this weekend. He really showed his pace and it was a great result for him and his confidence. For Josh he was back on the podium again in race one and then he was trying to claw down Shakey in race two and made a mistake. It was a shame to end his race with a crash but I am sure that both riders will be ready to come out and fight again at Knockhill.”

15-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Website Find Reply