Shakey anticipating more in the mix at Knockhill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey anticipating more in the mix at Knockhill
[Image: Shakey_KnockhillPodium.jpg]
Shakey on the podium in 2013

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne is gearing up for the next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Knockhill this weekend (27/28/29 June) and is hungry to add to his winning tally but anticipates that more riders will be challenging at the Scottish circuit.

Byrne completed a double at Knockhill last season but believes a repeat performance cannot be relied upon as the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team heads north of the border ahead of the weekend. The triple champion is gunning to extend his advantage in the standings after claiming his fifth victory of the season at the previous round at Snetterton.

Byrne said:

"We have had a great start to the season and we keep making improvements to make sure we keep going. We are feeling really comfortable with the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki and last year we had two good wins at Knockhill so the aim is obviously to do the same again. I never tend to rely on what has happened in previous years but if we do our job and work hard then we will be pushing again this weekend.

"There have been some great races between myself and Josh already, they have been good fun, and I would like to think this weekend will be the same. However, I think the nature of the circuit at Knockhill means there will be more riders in the mix on Sunday. My objective, though, is the same as always and that is to try to win both races."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
25-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Website Find Reply