KNOCKHILL NEXT FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA TEAM THIS WEEKEND
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
KNOCKHILL NEXT FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA TEAM THIS WEEKEND
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team are gearing up for the fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Knockhill this weekend with both Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell ready to push for a return to the podium in Scotland.

Brookes ended his run of podium finishes with a crash in race two at Snetterton, but the Australian is hungry to close the points deficit this weekend and is ready to come out fighting for the victories. Bridewell scored his first podium of the season at Snetterton with a hard-fought third place in race two and is equally determined for a repeat performance in the two races this weekend.

Brookes said:

“I am fine after the Snetterton crash so it is business as usual. I think it’s down to me and then how Shakey rides. I don't have expectations because if you look at the form from last year, everything has moved on so much. I was expecting us to be neck and neck though and that's how we have been. I am going to use my head a little bit more this weekend. At Snetterton I could have waited until the end of the race to try and make the move and it might have worked. But then I suppose if you look at Oulton Park I made it straight away and then won the race so it all depends on the situation. I have watched the last race back a couple of times and think perhaps I should have waited, but if the chance is there and I see it this weekend, I will go for it.”

[Image: milwaukeeboyspreknockhill.jpg]

Bridewell said:

"It was nice to get on the podium at Snetterton and get that done for sure. At the moment I still feel we are missing that last bit but we have made massive improvements now. I was riding so hard at Snetterton and I have been watching the races back to see where we are missing that last bit because we need to be fighting for podiums. I am confident I can ride to my absolute limit and if I can do that then we shouldn't be far away. We have been building confidence and there is no reason why we can't challenge again."

26-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Website Find Reply