MILWAUKEE YAMAHA CONFIDENT OF FURTHER IMPROVEMENT AT KNOCKHILL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA CONFIDENT OF FURTHER IMPROVEMENT AT KNOCKHILL
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha kicked off the fourth round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Knockhill with both sides of the garage determined to build on the opening practice sessions as Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell ended third and fifth respectively.

The team-mates are hunting podium finishes at the Scottish circuit and Brookes is determined to push for his second victory of the season on Sunday, as the crew work on further improvements for tomorrow’s qualifying sessions. Bridewell was fifth fastest on the timesheets but the Devizes rider was feeling confident that he had more in reserve as he bids for his first front row qualifying start of 2014.

Brookes said:

“We didn’t get a good start in the first session because I didn’t feel confident in some of the corners. I don’t like making changes in the first sessions generally because sometimes that sends you round in circles but today it forced me to do that. I knew straight away that the bike was too soft and that we needed to make the changes and it did improve the feeling for the last run we had this afternoon. I still feel that I wasn’t riding with full confidence in the second session and that we need to find that little bit we are missing ready for qualifying tomorrow. In general it has been good though because we know what we need to look at so that we can really push in the races on Sunday.”

Bridewell said:

“Today has been good and I feel really comfortable on the Milwaukee Yamaha. I had really felt good at Snetterton and then here again today and that was because we made a massive step forward at the last round. We have made minimal changes and I have a fair bit more in me for the rest of the weekend and we can still find a fair bit of time. I am looking forward to tomorrow because I expect to be quicker when we go for a lap rather than race runs like we have done today. I am happy to push 100 percent and I believe we can have a good weekend here.”

27-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Website Find Reply