Crutchlow makes best of weather to get fifth
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crutchlow makes best of weather to get fifth
[Image: crutchlowassenquali2.jpg]

In a remarkable Iveco Daily TT Assen Q2 session, marked by light rain that increased in intensity, Cal Crutchlow managed to make the best of the conditions to set fifth quickest time.

The British rider put together a good result after four difficult free practice sessions. Forced to take part in Q1, Crutchlow managed to move through to the next round, lapping in 1’34.598. Then at the start of Q2, as the rain increased, he immediately set a time of 1’40.796, which earned him fifth place on the grid for the race, his best qualifying performance so far with Ducati.

Crutchlow commented,

“Obviously again today was a tough challenging day. We went the wrong way with the set-up in FP4 and I couldn’t make the bike turn at all, but then for Q1 we changed something and it seemed to get better. My lap time was almost as fast as my pole time last year, so we can’t really say anything!”

“In the damp conditions, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn’t get past the riders in front of me because I feel we could have taken better advantage. The reality is that this afternoon we played the right cards and I threw the chips all in.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
28-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Website Find Reply