Disappointing Assen visit for Lorenzo
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Disappointing Assen visit for Lorenzo
[Image: lorenzoassen2014.jpg]

Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) had another tough visit to the Netherlands at the Iveco Daily TT Assen as rain ruined his confidence.

A downpour of rain saw the race start delayed and declared wet. Lorenzo made a solid start from ninth on the grid and was battling for the top five.

Lap eight saw Lorenzo come in to change to slicks on the drying track, rejoining in 13th position. The rain briefly returned, dropping the lap times once more. The Yamaha rider then became locked in a battle with Danilo Petrucci (Octo IodaRacing Team) and Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing).

Lorenzo eventually came out on top and finished 13th. He sits fifth in the World Championship with 81 points. The Mallorcan is just 10 points behind Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) in fourth.

Lorenzo said,

“I have to say that the bike was working quite well in the wet and the dry, I just had a bad race as a rider. My confidence wasn't great; I didn't want to crash like last year. I didn't have value enough like the other riders to go fast, it was a bad race for me.”

“I would like to apologize with my team, the engineers and my fans because they all did their best but today it was definitely my worst race ever. In the dry I’m confident and not afraid of crashing but when it’s spitting maybe I have the memory of last year and I didn't have things clear in my mind. In future if something happens like this I hope to be more confident and less scared of crashing,”
he added.

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
01-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Website Find Reply