Early mistake eventually proves beneficial for Parkes
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Early mistake eventually proves beneficial for Parkes
[Image: brocparkesassen2014.jpg]

An early problem saw Broc Parkes (Paul Bird Motorsport) start the Iveco Daily TT Assen on slick tyres, despite the rain.

Following a Warm Up crash Parkes was forced to start from pit-lane and he did so on slicks. All other riders were forced to come in and change tyres after just a handful of laps as the track dried.

Parkes was able to remain on track, getting at high as sixth on laps eight and nine. The Australian put up a valiant effort but was soon passed by the factory bikes, finishing a respectable 11th.

That performance is the best ever result for the PBM team on their home built chassis. It is Parkes’ second point scoring finish and he now sits above Danilo Petrucci (Octo IodaRacing Team) and Hector Barbera (Avintia Racing) in the standings.

Parkes said,

“What a crazy race, I crashed on the warm up lap when somebody clipped my handlebar at the hairpin so I got back to the pits for my spare bike with slick tyres and had to start from pit lane.”

“At the start it was still raining and I was even going to pull in because I was really slow but then the track dried fast and I was pushing like crazy on the slick tyres in the wet corners as I could see I was catching everyone. I would really like to thank the team for all their hard work,”
he added.

01-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Website Find Reply