Dean Harrison set to drop Supertwin races at Ulster Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dean Harrison set to drop Supertwin races at Ulster Grand Prix
[Image: deanharrisonatcreg.jpg]

Bradford’s Dean Harrison is keen to show what he’s capable of at the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix this year after struggling with a lack of top end speed last August.

Harrison was one of the shining lights at this year’s Isle of Man TT races, where his stand-out results included an excellent runner-up finish in the Superstock race behind Michael Dunlop plus a maiden Mountain Course triumph in the Lightweight race.

However, the 25-year-old has suggested he may sit out the Supertwin class at Dundrod to concentrate solely on the bigger capacity machines, when he will ride the RC Express Kawasakis in the Superbike and Superstock races plus the Mar-Train Yamaha R6 in the Supersport category.

“I didn’t have the best of runs last year at Dundrod. A fourth in the ’Stock race was probably my best result and we struggled badly with power all week.

“This year we have new engines so I don’t think our speed will be a problem, and really the podium is the target - anything more is a bonus.

“But I don’t think we’ll be out on the supertwin at the Ulster, there are just too many races to fit in and I’d rather be out on the bigger bikes.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
03-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Website Find Reply