William Dunlop confirms racing comeback after Isle of Man TT crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop confirms racing comeback after Isle of Man TT crash
[Image: wdunlopstockpic.jpg]

William Dunlop will return to competitive action this weekend at the Skerries 100 near Dublin
for the first time since a high-speed crash at the Isle of Man TT.

The Tyco Suzuki star suffered a broken fibula when he slid off in the Senior race at Graham Memorial on the Mountain Course while battling for the podium places.

Dunlop, though, has recovered from the injury and has confirmed he will compete at the popular Irish national road race in north county Dublin on the Tyco Suzuki GSX-R600.

The 28-year-old told the News Letter:

“I’ll definitely be going to Skerries with the Supersport bike but it’s unlikely the Superbike will ready in time after the bike was damaged at the TT.

“I’m glad to have the chance to race anyway and I’ll maybe ride the 600 in the Open race as well on Saturday - we’ll see how things go in practice.

“Skerries has never been one of my best tracks but for some reason I’ve done well there in the past and it will be good to get back out on the bike again before the Southern 100.”

Practice for the Skerries meeting gets underway on Friday from 2pm with roads closing on Saturday for a packed schedule at 9am sharp.

Dunlop, who won his first international Superbike race this year at the North West 200 in May, will also join team-mate Guy Martin in the Supersport and Superbike classes at the Southern 100 on the Billown course on the Isle of Man, which takes place from Monday, July 7 to Thursday, July 10.

Factory BMW star Michael Dunlop is a non-starter at Skerries but will line up at the Southern 100, where he will attempt to reclaim the Solo Championship crown from outright lap record holder Martin.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
03-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Website Find Reply