600 Prod - Senior results
Anonymous
Unregistered

600 Prod - Senior results
I have posted the Production 600 and the Senior results in the DaTTabase on ttmuseum.com.

They will not be producing a results book this, I hope to have all the official results available in PDF form soon. This will require the use of the Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free via the 'net.
07-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 600 Prod - Senior results No Results Book!!!
So Mr Cannell - what an operator you are.

Last year, as a first step, you did away with the excellent Results Book which had become an ever-growing source of history for god knows how many years - certainly back to the Thirties and perhaps earlier - and replaced it with a tatty collection of A4 sheets stapled together.

Cost-cutting, I believe the reason was, although I'm very very sure that there were many other and more fruitful sources among the ACU waste at this once-great event.

Now, do I understand that we're not even going to get the stapled sheets?

Shame on you - please consider resignation from your post.
07-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 600 Prod - Senior results
Bill, will this be as the result book ie, times and positions for each rider on each lap, plus total laps, total miles, list of retirements and team awards ect? I have found the results magazines are great to look back on. Even last years effort was better than nothing.
08-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any point in lots of us writing to organisers and complaining?
How much I miss the TT Special, and the ritual of going to collect it after 8, at the paper shop. I used to go with Stanley Woods...mind you, it was 2 years before I knew that's who he was!!
08-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't think so Helen - once you're on the slippery slope, it's difficult to impossible to turn round and go back up -- even if you want to, and I don't think that they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The TT is, I fear, sick unto death, and will be lucky to make the Centenary in 2007 unless there are massive changes in format, philosophy and, most important, PERSONNEL.

Never mind - lovely to meet you in Castletown, and will again. Won't be at East Fortune, but WILL have entry in for 2004 d.v.
08-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I rang the Special Events Unit to order my results book and was gutted to find out they have done away with them. They informed that because all the times were on iomtt.com there was no need for the book. Needless to say, went to iomtt.com and there are loads of times missing (e.g. no lap by lap times for either the F1 race or Sidecar Race A, no results at all for the Senior, no information on who retired, who crashed, where it happened etc)
I think this is disgusting, so if anyone knows where to get this information from I would be very, very grateful

Disgruntled

Phil
09-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't blame the Special Events people, Phil.

It's down to the Press Office!!!!!

Why does it not surprise me that you of all people are upset about this (!)
09-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's a fair cop Larry - I'm a bigtime statistician! Managed to get all the info I required except for the lap-by-lap times from the F1 and Sidecar A races.

I'll ring again tomorrow to see if I can get them - they must have been published somewhere otherwise there'd have been no official results!
09-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quite frankly,since Geoff Cannell took over the post of Press Officer, the general information has been c**p.He is more interested in sticking a microphone inside somebody's helmet when they are trying to refuel,than giving out useful information.Quite frankly,if you aren't a top six contender,the guy isn't interested.His knowledge of the racing on the island is second to none,and his commentaries are excellent,but he should delegate somebody to compile a results book as most competitors treasure those books with proof of how fast they went round the TT course.I know I did
09-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh for the TT specials Phil i bet your dad still has the origanal copies?
09-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Results in GENERAL
In my loft are packages of information, results, souvenirs and items from every year since my first visit in 1947...........They are, believe me, substantial packages, which I can use to do my articles, research and the like, and it is a real joy to look back over the years to remember those glorious TTs..............

This year, I returned home with a relatively
which really does not relate to a two week event !!

However,a lot of printer ink was used to
print info,to jog the memory in the future but what happened to all the packs, the odds-and-sods and kitsch that made the TT in the past ????

I am NOT too old to accept progress and use a computer on a daily basis but we need to have the "heart" of the TT re-established....I too loved to get the TT Special :: surely this could be reproduced as part of a website.....Do the manufacturers ignore the TT and no longer profile their riders and machines...........When we had the pigeon holes they were stuffed with good, honest, RETAINABLE" info which was great to digest...and keep !!!
It's all very well putting stuff on a website but it is not easy to retrieve it when you can't find a socket in which you can plug yer laptop !!

I can still talk to people and gleaned info that way, and took photos for myself....But it is not enough I'm afraid...........
09-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are still many people who don't have access to a PC.It's not fair to just say that the results can be obtained online.

I,ve been a collector of TT and MGP info all my life and have all the results books plus TT Specials and official ACU Jury Reports/results lists way, way back.

So looks like the end of another era......?
09-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

My thoughts, exactly, Barry. It must not be assumed that everyone has access to a computer and the internet.
09-06-2003, 10:49 PM