Ducati Team head to Sachsenring for round nine
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ducati Team head to Sachsenring for round nine
[Image: dovipresachsenring.jpg]

After the satisfaction of Assen, where Andrea Dovizioso finished second, the Ducati Team now arrives in Germany for the ninth round of the 2014 MotoGP™ World Championship, which takes place this weekend at the Sachsenring circuit.

The Sachsenring is one of the shortest and slowest circuits on the calendar, but it is by no means an easy track. Its counter-clockwise layout contains several truly difficult curves, as well as a number of ups and downs.

Dovizioso has obtained one podium in MotoGP™ there with a third place in 2012. Cal Crutchlow finished runner-up in the race at the German track twelve months ago.

Dovizioso previewed the ninth race weekend of the year saying,

“The result at Assen was very important for me and the Ducati Team, but I don’t think we have the speed in dry conditions to be able to aim for the podium too much. As always however we must push 100% and improve over last year. In my opinion Sachsenring is too short and too tight for MotoGP, but I think the bike has improved from last year so we have to show the difference at every race, like we did at Assen.”

Crutchlow added,

“I’ve never ridden at the Sachsenring on the Ducati, but I like the track and went really well there last year, when I was second in qualifying and finished second in the race, which is one of my best results ever in MotoGP.”

“Unfortunately because of the layout and the corners I think we will have a few problems with understeer on this track, but we will see and as always I’ll try my best to be competitive.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

09-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Website Find Reply