Kiyo out to prove a point at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo out to prove a point at Brands Hatch
[Image: kiyosatonpodium.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari has vowed to continue his podium-finish form as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship returns to the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit next weekend (18/19/20 July), the Buildbase BMW rider believing he can again push standings leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne.

Kiyonari has been building momentum since joining the Buildbase BMW team this season and last time out at Knockhill the Japanese ace recaptured the form that saw him take three titles by scoring the German manufacturer's debut race win. Kiyonari followed this up with an equally strong performance in the second race, to battle hard with fellow triple champion Byrne. Both riders are fully focused on capturing a record-breaking fourth crown.

Kiyonari said:

"At Knockhill I was trying hard every lap; I knew I needed to push Shakey and I was trying very hard. I made mistakes in race two and I was disappointed at the end not to win again. There were places where I think we were faster and so I am looking forward to Brands Hatch now. For me the BMW is still a new bike, but we are trying very hard to stay at the front - I am always trying 100 per cent.

"I want to show that I wasn't just lucky at Knockhill and I can fight with the top group. The BMW is getting better all the time and we know BMW and our team can win. Before people said 'Kiyo is finished' and now I have shown I can still win. I just need to push hard, concentrate and keep winning because we want to fight for podiums at every round."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
15-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Website Find Reply