Shakey: “There is a certain air of expectation for me at Brands Hatch”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey: “There is a certain air of expectation for me at Brands Hatch”
[Image: shakeyburnout.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne heads to his home round at Brands Hatch this weekend (18/19/20 July) leading the MCE British Superbike Championship standings, but knowing he has the target on his back as his rivals battle to reduce his advantage.

The triple champion says he won't buckle under the pressure of his chasing rivals. The Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider has won six of the eight races so far this season, and although he was beaten at Knockhill in the opening race by fellow triple champion Ryuichi Kiyonari, he fought back with a win in the second.

Byrne said:

"The Grand Prix circuit always produces fantastic racing and for me personally I am really looking forward to Brands Hatch. There is always a certain air of expectation for me to do well, but I treat this weekend like any of the others - we will work as hard as we possibly can to achieve the best results possible. The team have been working hard with the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki and we are making some small steps to improve it. Because we had to take a few steps back at Knockhill, our performance wasn't quite so strong as it has been in the past. But at Brands Hatch we should be back up to full speed. With me loving the circuit, and it only being half an hour from my home, I am hopeful of two strong results.

"I think, from a rivals point of view, the usual suspects will be up there and hopefully that will include Kiyo. For me, thinking about who will be there isn't going to affect my results I can achieve - I don't want to sound ignorant or aloof when I say that, but it's important to focus on the job in hand. I will be doing the best job I can in training and then on Saturday and Sunday to be ready for the two races."

Spectators will also get the chance to get closer to the championship leader during the free Monster Energy Fans' Thursday, when the circuit is open to the public for a preview event to the weekend.

Byrne added:

"The Brands Hatch event is going to be like a Summer Ball! It is going to be a four-day round for the first time and it is going to be massive. I am looking forward to Thursday, which is all new, and the good thing is that it is free for the fans, so that's a great way to start the weekend."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
15-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply