MILWAUKEE YAMAHA GUNNING FOR GLORY AT BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA GUNNING FOR GLORY AT BRANDS HATCH
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha head to Brands Hatch in Kent this weekend for the fifth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as both Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell prepare to battle for victory on the Grand Prix circuit.

Brookes arrives at Brands Hatch in second place in the standings and has shown strong form on the Grand Prix circuit in the past - the Australian has won four of the last five races on the 2.433-mile track. The Australian returns to MCE BSB action feeling confident of a return to the podium following a recent test in Japan ahead of his appearance in the Suzuka Eight Hour race.

Bridewell heads to Kent targeting a return to the top three after missing out at Knockhill last time out and is feeling bullish about his hopes for the weekend. The Devizes-based rider is yet to score a victory in the championship, but is determined to add to his podium finish from the second race at Snetterton and build on his fourth place in the overall standings.

Brookes said:

“I know all of the tracks, but with each one I seem to anticipate the performance of the Yamaha, because different circuits suit different bikes. At Knockhill we came away with no podium credits, so I left there unsatisfied. That was on my mind but we want to get to Brands Hatch and go for wins. It has been good for me to go to Suzuka for the test since Knockhill, although it is a completely different motorcycle and track, it resets your mind and I think I am coming back this weekend sharper.

“This weekend I am focused on Shakey and trying to beat him. He is the one at the top of the standings and therefore he is the one we need to finish ahead of on track. My focus is to beat him in both races. My team-mate Tommy (Bridewell) and also James (Ellison) can throw in some good races, but like I say, for me there is only one person I am focused on.

Bridewell said:

“I was a bit disappointed to not have been on the podium at Knockhill, so I want to come out fighting at Brands Hatch. We have shown good form over the past few rounds and we have made some big steps forward and have shown we can be consistent. The team has worked hard to turn the season around after the first two rounds where it wasn’t quite right for me and if we can make that same progress this weekend then we can be fighting for the wins – one hundred percent. I can’t wait to get started this weekend now.”

18-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Website Find Reply