GUNNING TO BE TOP GUY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
GUNNING TO BE TOP GUY
[Image: guymartinulsterpodium.jpg]

Guy Martin arrives at the Ulster Grand Prix as the fourth most successful rider in the history of the event and with eleven wins to his name since his unforgettable four-timer in 2006, his mastery of the Dundrod circuit certainly makes the Tyco Suzuki rider as one of the stand-out candidates for honours again this year. Many believe he will be the man to beat and I am sure the epic battles with top local riders Michael and William Dunlop as well as top performers Bruce Anstey and Ian Hutchinson will leave race fans breathless and fully entertained.

Amazingly, it’s eleven years since the now 32-year old Martin made his circuit debut and in that time he’s established himself not only as one of the sport’s finest road racers but also as one of the most popular. A TT win may continue to elude him – not through a lack of trying it has to be said – but everywhere else, the wins keep coming and anyone who witnessed his recent Southern 100 triumph will testify his status is as high as ever. So with the fastest road race in the world being one of his favourite circuits on the racing calendar, he’s keen to extend that winning run.

“Northern Ireland’s pretty much where I first started road racing back in 2003 so it’s always good to return here. I’ve said it a million times before but I love Dundrod and it’s a circuit that suits me down to the ground. It’s my kind of circuit and the reason why I love road racing so much. It’s fast and flowing and has corners where you need big test tickles, which are the corners that give you such a buzz. I feel right at home here.”

Read the full article in this year’s 88 page action packed UGP Bike Week Programme, coming soon and available to purchase at a fantastic value for money price of just £5.

[Image: ulstergplogo2014.jpg]

18-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Website Find Reply