Dunlop battles back for glory bid
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dunlop battles back for glory bid
[Image: wdunlopnw2014podium.jpg]
Vauxhall International 2014 North West 200. Winner of the EventServ Superbike race William Dunlop
Matt Mackey/Presseye.com

Tyco Suzuki's William Dunlop is confident he will be fully fit and able to make amends for his early exit at the Isle of Man TT with a strong performance at the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix next month.

The Ballymoney rider, who has seven wins at the Dundrod circuit under his belt, suffered a broken leg in a high-speed crash at the Graham Memorial last month as he battled with brother Michael for the lead.

The accident ruled Dunlop out of the Southern 100 but with several good results this season, including wins at the North West 200, Skerries and Walderstown, Dunlop – in action this weekend at Armoy – remains upbeat as he starts his preparations for the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix on August 16.

"The Superbike is a really competitive package and now I'm starting to ride it well, I'm hoping for some good results this weekend at Armoy, then at Dundrod," he said.

"Dundrod is my favourite circuit and I've still got a few weeks to get back to full fitness, so I'd like to get a win, especially on the big bike."

Despite the World Superbike Championship taking a summer break, the action does not stop for Ulsterman Jonathan Rea, who will participate in this weekend's Suzuka 8 Hours event in Japan.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
25-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Website Find Reply