CHRIS WALKER SET FOR HIGH SPEEDS OF THRUXTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CHRIS WALKER SET FOR HIGH SPEEDS OF THRUXTON
[Image: gbkawasakilogo.jpg]

LLOYDS BRITISH GBMOTO KAWASAKI AND CHRIS WALKER SET FOR HIGH SPEEDS OF THRUXTON

Following injuries sustained in his crash at Brands Hatch, James Ellison is forced to miss Thruxton, leaving fan favourite Chris ‘Stalker’ Walker the sole Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki rider. Despite his teammate missing, Chris is heading to the super fast circuit eager to maintain the team’s run of at least one podium at every round so far this season.

As the MCE British Superbike Championship prepares for round six this weekend at Thruxton, the Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki team and Chris ‘Stalker’ Walker are set firmly on cementing their position in the all-important Showdown. Team mate James Ellison currently sits in third place in the standings, however following his injuries, he will not be competing at Thruxton this weekend. James is currently undergoing an intensive rehabilitation process, including spending two weeks in the Hyperbaric Chamber on the Isle of Man, and the team are confident he will be back out soon and able to continue to fight for a Showdown position.

The Thruxton circuit in Hampshire is one of the fastest circuits on the calendar and the squad will be heading to the 2.3 mile circuit eager to maintain the podium run.

[Image: chriswalkeratknockhill.jpg]

Despite being the sole rider this weekend, Chris Walker is ready to score some big points,

“I'm really looking forward to Thruxton, it's one of the fastest tracks of the year and is always a proper exciting weekend. It's a track I really enjoy and it has been good to me over the years...although it's also been pretty bad too as I've only finished 5 out of the last 12 races there! I'm keen to make amends for that this weekend though, particularly with the Showdown beckoning and the championship tightening up. My focus, as always, is to keep pushing at the sharp end, bag some important points and continue to secure my position in the top six.

It's certainly going to be strange without James alongside me in the garage but I'll be pushing as hard as ever and hopefully give the GBmoto squad something to cheer about."

Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen said,

“This weekend will certainly be a bit different with James not here, but that won’t change the way we go about things. Chris is currently in sixth place in the standings and thoroughly deserves a place in the Showdown, so we’ll be doing everything we can to ensure the Stalker is up fighting at the sharp end where he belongs!

James is currently on the Isle of Man undergoing treatment at the Hyperbaric Chamber. He’s been incredibly proactive in getting back to fitness, which, to anyone who knows him, will come as no surprise. We’re confident that it won’t be long until he’s back out there and hopefully still in with a chance to fight for a Showdown position.”

29-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Website Find Reply