Seeley victorious in Thruxton Supersport opener
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley victorious in Thruxton Supersport opener
[Image: seeleythruxtonwin1.jpg]

Mar-Train Racing’s Alastair Seeley has slashed Billy McConnell’s lead in the British Supersport Championship
to five points after a brilliant victory at Thruxton.

Seeley waited until the last lap of the 12-lap Sprint race to make his move on Smiths Triumph contender Graeme Gowland, hitting the front when it mattered on the run to Club corner and closing out his third successive win by 0.371 seconds, with McConnell taking the runner-up spot as Gowland slipped back to fourth behind Luke Jones.

Carrick rider Seeley, who won both Supersport races at the previous round at Brands Hatch for Tim Martin’s high-flying Northern Ireland team, said: “I didn’t get the best of starts and for the first few laps I seemed to be struggling for a bit of rear grip.

“Once the tyre started to pick up a bit I was able to drop off a few boys and I managed to get to the lead, but this place is like slipstream city; on the back straight you think you’ve got a gap and then all of a sudden you can feel the revs dying on your bike and two or three go by you.

“I just had to play it right and on the last lap I put myself in the right position at the right time, got the slipstream and made sure I braked as late as I could,”
he added.

“Fair play to the team, Mar-Train Yamaha have been working hard and they gave me a great bike and you can see what happens when we work hard.”

Another Carrick rider, Gearlink Kawasaki’s Glenn Irwin, had been battling with the leading group in the early stages but eventually finished in fifth position, with Luke Mossey completing the top six.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

Kyle White.
02-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Website Find Reply