Shakey: Qualifying hasn’t gone well for us today
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey: Qualifying hasn’t gone well for us today
[Image: shakeythruxtonquali.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne will start from the second row of the grid for the opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race at Thruxton tomorrow after qualifying fourth in this afternoon's Datatag qualifying session.

Byrne had been pushing to maintain his run of four consecutive front row starts but the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider had to settle for fourth position. The championship leader though believes that with hard work from the team this evening he will be back fighting for the top spot in the races tomorrow.

Byrne said:

"Obviously it is fair to say that qualifying hasn't gone that well for us today. This morning being wet, we had some stuff we needed to try. It is difficult for me to justify us being a session behind if you know what I mean, when I have been on this bike for three or four years, but we can see from the data where we are losing time. It seems that every time we fix one aspect of a problem we kind of create another two or three which has been quite tricky to find the right balance for.

"We are going to sit down tonight and get our heads together to have a real think hard about what we need to do for tomorrow in warm up as hopefully it will be dry again. I have a lot of faith in the boys in our team and hopefully they will find what we need to run a really fast race. We will get out there tomorrow and see how we go."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
02-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Website Find Reply