Peter Hickman continues Dundrod preparations
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Peter Hickman continues Dundrod preparations
[Image: peterhickmanat2014tt.jpg]

MCE British Superbike contender Peter Hickman will pay his second visit to the Dundrod circuit this week
ahead of his debut at the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix.

Hickman will make a two-day trip to Northern Ireland to familiarise himself further with the fastest road racing circuit in the world as he continues his preparations for the final major international road race of the season.

The 27-year-old from Louth - who returned to BSB with the RAF Reserves Honda team on the back of his stunning performance at the Isle of Man TT in June - took over from Australia’s Josh Brookes as the fastest rookie ever to lap the 37.73-mile Mountain Course with an average speed of 129.104mph on his way to 11th place in the Senior TT.

Hickman, who competed in his first ever road race at the North West 200 in May, also sealed a magnificent eighth place finish in the Superstock TT on Paul Shoesmith’s Ice Valley Racing BMW S1000RR.

The English rider will team up with Shoesmith again for the Ulster Grand Prix and will also ride the BMW Superstock machine at the Macau Grand Prix in November, where Hickman will also make his maiden appearance.

“After the TT, I thought the only other road race I’d do this year would be Macau but the Ulster Grand Prix organisers pushed for me to make my debut and they’ve put together a deal for ‘Shoey’ and the team and I’m really looking forward to it,” Hickman said.

“I’ve been over to have a look at the circuit, and have another two-day trip planned for this week, and with it being fast and flowing it should suit my style. I’ve really enjoyed the roads this year and Shoey and the Ice Valley boys are a great bunch, so it’ll be nice to get back out there and I can’t wait to get cracking.

“Obviously I’m back in short circuit action now as well with the RAF Reserves team so it will be interesting to see how I adapt but I’ll approach it in the same way as the North West 200 and TT and look to enjoy myself.”

Hickman will sport a new Ulster GP-themed livery on Shoesmith’s S1000RR Superstock machine at Dundrod.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
04-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Website Find Reply