HRH Prince William
Anonymous
Unregistered

HRH Prince William
Good to see a report in the Daily Mail today about HRH Prince William enjoying his trip to the T.T. and he is keen on bikes.

Follows in his Grand Fathers footsteps who used to be Patron of the T.T. and hr shook hands with all of us riders at the start of the 1969 Production T.T.

Great stuff the T.T. needs prominent supporters and all the good press it can get
14-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HRH Prince William
It has been kept very quiet on the mainland...

Perhaps his Mummy didn't know he was away on a day trip...Was it an MCN special ??
15-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

No Ian, it was on page 11 of Saturdays (yesterday) Daily Mail. A whole full page with two colour pictures, one of the Prince riding his Yamaha DT 125 and another of a Triumph Daytona 600, apparently the bike he would like next.

It also states he had a private dinner with T.T. riders talking bikes. It suggests Triumph might offer him one as a gift for his 21st birthday.

The big No, No apparently is the cost of the insurance because of who he is. It has been estimated at ten times the cost of the Triumph.

Plus, quote, "it has left his father Prince Charles 'worried sick' about William's persistent interest in two wheels".

The article casts doubts about the safety of the future King riding a quick bike, and because the Police say it would be virtually impossible to protect the young Prince properly.

But, the good thing about the article for motor cycling is that it states. "But tens of thousands of bikers spend a lifetime enjoying the thrill and freedom of two wheels without accident".

15-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe that he did a lap on the back of a bike during race week,his security guy wasn't amused.Sounds like a rum lad...
15-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whats with all this Prince William cack who gives a s***...What next Charles on a Donkey...Oh I forgot he did that already...
15-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think your remarks about Prince William are a bit harsh and any good press we get should be welcomed?
15-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

So the future king visits the Island for a day and he's so knocked out by it that he stops for a week.Wake up and smell the good publicity...
15-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

In perspective, who got the publicity ???
15-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't worship these parasites, but neither do I have any grudge against the guy. Hope he enjoys his biking and doesn't fall off. I do think he could buy his own Triumph, tho'.

To put the risk and the insurance in perspective, how difficult would it be to get someone else to take his place?
15-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about a "throwout" from Big Brother--

They get more publicity than famous people.

Now JADE on a Triumph would be great publicity !!!
15-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Invite the guy back next year to hand out the awards. The TT needs all the GOOD publicity it can get.
Also I don't think they pay anything for insurance, Charles on a polo pony would have to be an uninsurable risk for any company.
16-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I heard something on the news this morning about him being accused of reckless driving on one of the estates,after a polo match.Sounds like he he ought to be encouraged!!Seriously though,great idea Don.I bet he'd love that.
16-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't care much for the Royal family, but at the end of the day if a young lad wants to come and enjoy the TT, why shouldn't he? If he happens to be the Prince then even better, the TT needs to grab this GOOD publicity by the test tickles and make the most of it!!
He should be encouraged to return even as a guest of honour or like an earlier posting suggested to hand out the awards. Although reading between the lines I guess he'd rather turn up unannounced on his Triumph and try to kick ass on Mad Sunday like every other 21 year old biker :-)
Good luck to him :-)
Russ

16-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

How can I put this Ian. Might as well come straight out with it. His mummy definately didnt know he was on a day trip to the island because... well... she died 6 years ago in a car crash.
16-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A late posting as I have been in transit. Another Great Royal Bike enthusiast was the late King Hussein of Jordan. I don't soppose he needed to take out insurance. I know that he did have several BMWs. As he had strong ties with the UK, maybe had some British Iron. I don't know what happened to his collection! Does anyone know?
17-06-2003, 02:03 PM