Paul Bird planning to expand his MCE BSB presence with second team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Paul Bird planning to expand his MCE BSB presence with second team
[Image: birdysboysinbsb.jpg]

Paul Bird is already planning his next move in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, with the multi-title-winning team owner speaking of his ambition to extend his current PBM line-up with an additional team in Britain for 2015.

Bird's Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team currently lead the standings with Shane Byrne, whilst Stuart Easton is just 17 points adrift of the top six with four races remaining before the Showdown. However, speaking to both British and European media this week, Bird has declared his audacious plans to run a second two-rider team in the Championship as a separate squad, working with a different manufacturer. The news comes as Bird announced his team will leave MotoGP at the end of 2014.

Bird told MCN:

"I am really excited about BSB because it will definitely be working with two different brands. It looks like I can run with another manufacturer and have two teams on different bikes operating as two separate identities - I'd like to keep Michael and Broc. My racing future is back home in BSB and that's what I enjoy and where my sponsors want to be. We are a British team and that's where we'll go back."

Bird's announcement comes after the news at the Brands Hatch round that Shaun Muir's Milwaukee Yamaha team has also confirmed their return next season with a two-rider line-up.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
14-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Website Find Reply