MILWAUKEE YAMAHA AIM TO CONTINUE WINNING WAYS AT CADWELL PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA AIM TO CONTINUE WINNING WAYS AT CADWELL PARK
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team head to Lincolnshire this August Bank Holiday weekend for the eighth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship bidding to maintain a winning performance after Josh Brookes' victory last time out at Oulton Park.

Brookes became the second rider to secure a position in the end of season title Showdown at the previous round with his fourth victory of the season and the Australian is determined to add to his winning tally in Lincolnshire.

Tommy Bridewell scored his first ever MCE BSB podium finish at Cadwell Park last season and is fully focused on pushing this weekend to add to his Snetterton podium as he bids to consolidate a position inside the top six ahead of the Showdown.

Brookes said:

“I remember last year at Cadwell Park having some really good, close battles with Alex (Lowes) as he was on good form. I seem to remember that event as one of best of the year in terms of having a strong race and speed. I am hoping that it is a track thing and if you focus on the circuit I think the Yamaha could be super fast there.

“We have seen it in the past that the Yamaha has been strong with Tommy (Hill), Michael (Laverty) and Leon (Camier) all having good results - it should be a track that it is well suited to. I am hoping that the two things combined will make for some good races and we can continue to push for the best results possible.”

Bridewell said:

"I am looking forward to Cadwell Park, because there is no doubting that when everything is right I have the ability to have a good result there. It is a different vibe at that track because there is such a big atmosphere and the track has a different nature. I think it's one of the circuits that riders can do really well at, hopefully that will be the same for me again this year because I was on the podium last time we raced there.

"I don't let anything faze me and I have been pushing really hard in training since the last round and I know the team have been working hard too. We have a few things to resolve as we want to be in that Showdown, but once we have achieved that then we can fight for wins."

19-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Website Find Reply