Kiyonari: “I am going to Cadwell Park to win”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari: “I am going to Cadwell Park to win”
[Image: kiyoleadsshakey.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari was denied the chance to score an MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race-winning hat-trick last time out at Oulton Park, but the Buildbase BMW rider admits it has only made him more fired up for his home round of Cadwell Park this August Bank Holiday weekend (23/24/25 August).

Kiyonari is locked in the "War for Four" with current Championship leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne, however the pair are increasingly coming under pressure from Josh Brookes who is bidding for his first championship title. Kiyonari has fast becoming a threat to Byrne and Brookes on the Buildbase BMW, scoring four podiums from the last five races, and closing in on a place in the Showdown. Now the Japanese ace is bidding to close that deficit even further at the circuit he considers to be his home round.

Kiyonari said:

"I really like Cadwell Park, because since I have lived in the UK it has been my home circuit and so I always want to have a good weekend there. My confidence is really high and we are learning all the time. We have worked hard this year and now we have shown we can be fast at every round, not just one.

"We had a strong weekend at Oulton Park. I was happy with my performance overall because we went from a crash in Q2 and was tenth on the grid, to the win. That shows that we are getting stronger. I was happy with the first two races, but I was angry we didn't win the last one. I was disappointed when we left the circuit because of that. I think it is because now we can be winning at every race, so when we don't that makes me unhappy - fourth place was not what I wanted!

"We want to be winning but if you stop pushing for one moment then someone like Shakey, Josh or another rider will beat you. We need to stay ahead because we have closed in the championship but we still need podium points. I think this round is very important for the Showdown. After Oulton Park I was disappointed to have stopped winning so I want to change that. I am going there to try and win!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
20-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Website Find Reply