Heroic Ellison wins fitness fight to return at Cadwell Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Heroic Ellison wins fitness fight to return at Cadwell Park
[Image: jamesellsionpodium.jpg]

James Ellison's determination to recover from injury and return to action in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship paid off today (Wednesday) when he undertook a fitness test at Cadwell Park and was declared fit to race at the Lincolnshitre track this weekend. Ellison's next aim is to secure a place in the Showdown.

Lloyds British GBmoto Racing Kawasaki rider Ellison has been out of action since crashing out of one of the races at Brands Hatch in July, sustaining an intertrochanteric fracture (lumps at the top of femur) to his right hip. He has since focused on fighting back to fitness with extensive physiotherapy and sessions in a hyperbaric chamber.

Ellison completed laps at Cadwell Park this evening (Wednesday) on a Kawasaki ZX-10 road bike under the watchful eye of Dr Martin Dennis of the MCE BSB Medical Team. After this and other assessments he was declared fit to race.

Ellison currently lies seventh in the overall standings, just 12 points adrift of his team-mate Chris Walker, with four races remaining before the Showdown.

Ellison said:

"It's an incredible feeling to be heading to Cadwell Park this weekend! When I was in hospital after the crash, my surgeons told me that my season was over. That would likely have been true if it wasn't for the amazing work by the guys at the hyperbaric chamber in the Isle of Man. They gave up their own time to open the facilities for me, even on weekends, and after two-and-a-half weeks I wasn't just walking but cycling, so I owe them a massive debt.

"Cadwell Park is the most physically demanding circuit on the calendar but if we can walk away with two point scoring finishes and still be in with a shot of the Showdown, I'll be over the moon!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
21-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Website Find Reply