Shakey to go all out for final Podium Points at Donington Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey to go all out for final Podium Points at Donington Park
[Image: shakeyburnout2.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne says that he wants nothing more than two wins at Donington Park this weekend (5/6/7 September), as he aims for the final Podium Points, despite having his position confirmed in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship Showdown.

Byrne heads the MCE BSB standings and holds a 21-point advantage in the Podium Points tally, but will be pushing as hard as ever to seal the final two victories of the Main Season. He hasn't won a race since Knockhill in June, going nine races without a victory, and wants to change that.

Byrne said:

"We were lucky to get the test at Assen last week because Donington Park is a track of two halves, with the fast and flowing section and then the stop and start at the end of the lap, but we tested some good stuff at Assen that gave us a good direction for that.

"I have my position already in the Showdown, which is cool, but I want nothing more than two wins at Donington Park. I have been asked a couple of times, because I am already in the Showdown, if I will just settle for results and the answer is simple - I want to win for myself and the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team.

"If we aren't going out on track to fight for the wins and those last podium points then we are not going for the right reasons. We want those last ten podium points and we will be pushing as hard as we can for the best possible results on Sunday, so we are in the strongest position we can be heading into the Showdown."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
02-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Website Find Reply