SHOWDOWN BECKONS AS LLOYDS BRITISH GBMOTO KAWASAKI HEAD TO DONINGTON PARK!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SHOWDOWN BECKONS AS LLOYDS BRITISH GBMOTO KAWASAKI HEAD TO DONINGTON PARK!
[Image: lloydsbritichgblogo.jpg]

The Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki team head to Donington Park this weekend eager to secure their, and Chris ‘Stalker’ Walker’s, first ever Showdown position. After being forced to withdraw from Cadwell, injured James Ellison has continued his extensive rehabilitation and will return to action this weekend.

The 2.4 mile Donington Park is the Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki duo’s favourite circuit and marks the final round before the Showdown begins. With three podiums already this season, the ever-popular Chris ‘Stalker’ Walker currently occupies the sixth and final Showdown position, a comfortable 34 points ahead of seventh placed Stuart Easton. He now heads to his home circuit eager to secure his and the team’s first ever Showdown position.

After making an incredible effort to return at Cadwell Park, James Ellison unfortunately had to withdraw from the two races as the extremely physical nature of the circuit prevented him from running full race distance. Having continued his extensive fitness fight back, James will return to action with the Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki this weekend looking to return to challenging the frontrunners.

Fan favourite Chris Walker is heading to his favourite circuit eager to secure his first Showdown positon

“Donington isn’t just one of my favourite circuits in BSB, but in the world! I love the place so I’m really looking forward to getting out there again. We had a really strong round at Cadwell and then a great test at Assen so I’m confident heading into this weekend that we can not only challenge at the front, but also secure my Showdown position.

The Showdown is definitely the goal this weekend, but that said I want some more podiums so I’ll be pushing to get on the box in both races! It was good having James back in the garage at Cadwell, so it’s great to have him back at Donington. He’s getting better all the time, so I’m sure he’ll be pushing for some big points this weekend which is only a good thing for the team as we work really well together!”

At one of his favourite circuits on the calendar, James Ellison is looking forward to returning to action

“Like Chris, Donington Park is one of my favourite circuits on the calendar so I’m really looking forward to getting back there on the Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki. We had a good test there at the start of the season but the bikes moved on massively since then so I’m confident that we can be up there again.

I’m feeling better that I did at Cadwell and I’m actually quite confident we can challenge for some good points. At Cadwell, I was struggling with the quick changes of direction, but Donington is mostly fast and flowing so I don’t think it will affect me as much. The Showdown is now an unrealistic target so for the rest of the year we’ll be going out there for podiums and wins! ”

Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen said,

“This is an important weekend for the Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki team, probably the biggest in our history, as we bid to secure our first ever British Superbike Showdown position. Chris has shown everyone this year why he is still one of the best Superbike riders on the grid and he thoroughly deserves to be in the Showdown so we will be doing everything possible to make that happen.

James fully deserves to be in the Showdown too, having had a fantastic season up until the crash at Brands Hatch. Unfortunately, whilst he still sits in a mathematical chance of making the all-important top six, it is not a realistic outcome. However we will keep focussing on ensuring he’s back to full fitness where we know he’ll again be challenging for podiums and race wins before the end of the season and make sure he secures the Riders Cup.”

04-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Website Find Reply